Transformation

Transformation


When the cool, starch breeze hits my closed eyes I feel the fire within.
I walk on into my own oblivion, into my mind and my world.
The joy and the solitary fulfillment overcome my senses.
Oh! If my mind could only feel this way all night and day through.
Only when the sun or the moon shines upon this delicate face in freedoms' dreams do I feel this transformation within.
Sleep then departs from me and I hear loud encumber some voices of my terrifying dream I live from day to day.
Then and only then do I wish to be back with myself, outside and alone.
I wish to run, run for freedom, my mind is bombarded by useless fragments of other strange minds.
I live with it, determined to never give in.
I wait for the moment when I can be back with myself again.
With the inner voice that guides me, the inner voice of humanity.

-Angela Emsley-



This is the first poem that is in my e-book titled Transformation.  The title is taken after this poem of which I wrote years ago.  I have many more poems in my e-book.  You can sample the first 4 poems in my ebook if you go to my profile page at 
Or if you would rather just purchase it directly from my store you can go to my E-Books page and download it from there.